Turbocharge your leaders
Great team leaders take the pressure off the Managing Director or CEO – so that your business operates smoothly and sustainably, allowing you to spend more time focusing on growth (rather than dealing with execution issues).
Aimed at managers and team leaders, we deliver leadership development through our Leadership Turbocharge program. This is a practical program that develops leaders who think commercially and inspire high-performing teams.
Leadership Turbocharge is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach – it’s about bringing your leaders everything they need (and nothing they don’t) to help your business thrive. We use case studies and examples tailored to your business, so everything that participants learn can be applied to the workplace immediately.
The business case for leadership development?
Whilst each business situation is unique, research by the Boston Consulting Group found that, on average, businesses with capability in leadership development achieve 210% higher revenue growth and 180% higher profit margins when compared to their less capable peers.
All too often, we see people struggle with the transition from being the ‘star player’, where their focus was on doing great work, to being the team leader, where their focus needs to be on building and leading great teams. Leadership Turbocharge solves this problem, unlocking the potential of participants and focusing them on the four areas that offer the greatest impact:
- Knowing their people
- Focusing their people
- Engaging their people
- Driving high performance
Leadership Turbocharge is delivered in bite-sized chunks that don’t eat into the demands of your business – and is based on a ‘coaching approach’ to unlocking potential. Our coaching approach shifts learning from conceptual to concrete – because true learning and development don’t happen outside the work, but in the work.
Typically, each program runs over 12 months, consisting of:
- Monthly workshops (duration of each workshop is 2-3 hours, depending on group size)
- Provision of models, templates and practices
- Ongoing coaching support to participants (phone and collaboration software)
- End of program ‘review workshop’ to recap learnings (can graduate participants into advanced coaching programs where suitable)
Every workshop we deliver inspires participants to apply their leanings to challenges and opportunities faced by your business. Our workshops create meaningful mindset changes — and are supplemented by pre/post workshop ‘homework’ to embed learnings and sustain momentum.
Our workshops incorporate key business performance principles, with a focus on the following areas:
- Self-awareness and awareness of others – understanding others starts with understanding yourself. Supported by PRINT personality assessments, participants find out what really motivates them, and others, and how to use this to deliver high performance.
- Financial and business strategy – great leaders understand the language of business – finance and strategy. We demystify financials and look at key business strategy frameworks to get all your leaders speaking the same language.
- Positioning and selling your products and/or services – these days, everyone is in sales. Turn your leaders into selling machines to increase the effectiveness of business communications, recruitment and – of course – your sales process.
- Team structuring and succession planning – do you have the right people in the right roles? Look at capacity, team structuring and succession planning to ensure that your teams are structured correctly, able to deal with growth and not overly reliant on the leader.
- Time and energy management – time is money – but we don’t always treat it as such. Look at how leaders can manage their energy and use structure to eliminate hours of unproductive time and stop the cycle of ‘busy’.
- Planning for and leading change – the only thing constant in life is change. Learn how to effectively plan for and manage change to bring team members along for the ride.
- Employer branding – attracting A-Grade people is critical to building a high-performance team. Learn how to position your business in a way that matters to A-Grade people.
- Recruiting and onboarding A-Grade people – your ability to recruit A-Grade people is the most impactful of all HR functions. Drawing on our A-Grade recruitment service, learn the secrets to effectively attracting, selecting and onboarding A-Grade people.
- Driving productivity and high-performance – no resource is more powerful than a high-performance team. Learn the habits of high-performance teams, and how you can implement these at work.
- Building engaged teams and winning cultures – people join companies and leave managers. Learn how to engage your people and retain them by creating a winning team culture (backed by your approach to managing performance).